Daylight Savings Time: why do we have to start so early? On Monday morning, I forgot my commuter mug for the first time since early this year. (I'm attributing it to my reaction to losing an hour of sleep.)
As for plastic bags, the NPR story this morning about a potential plastic bag ban in San Francisco reminded me -- I got the coolest plastic bag substitute from Lisa Foster of 1 Bag At A Time:
- big enough for a 12-pack of toilet paper (recycled, of course);
- light enough to fold and carry in a large purse or tote;
- stands up on its own, due to a stiffener in the bottom;
- long handles that work over the shoulder, too;
- fit into the bag loaders used at the grocery store
They aren't waterproof (and thus don't solve the takeout food dilemma) -- and as an urban user, I'd request one additional design feature: a tie that lets you fasten a rolled bag, making it easier to stow in your yoga mat tote! You have to order 10 at once, $19.90 plus shipping.
I just ordered 10, so that I'd have some extras to give away.
Thanks, Lisa! (I love being the customer of a small, woman-owned business!)